Job #: 900015
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Rec Sports
Rate: $12.50 - $15.50
Resume Required? No
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
Ensures the safety of patrons of Recreational Sports aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies and providing excellent customer service.
• Certification Requirements: American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Community CPR, Basic First Aid & AED certifications.
• Must attend all orientations, meetings and monthly in-service training's.
• Must meet swim requirement of 500 yard swim each month.
• Maintains constant focus of patrons in the pool; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
• If necessary, provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
• Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
• Performs various maintenance as directed to maintain a clean and safe pool.
• Accurately records number of pool participants on daily tally sheet.
• Must be willing to work early mornings, late nights, weekends and football Saturdays.
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on Aug. 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.