Job #: 900014
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Rec Sports
Resume Required? No
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
Sport Officials are responsible for refereeing Intramural contests while providing an atmosphere of fun and competition in a safe environment. Officials must be able to implement Intramural Sports policies, procedures and playing rules in order to maintain an appropriate level of control, fairness and safety. They should maintain a positive attitude and should always be striving to improve.
Job Requirements & Expectations:
• No prior officiating experience necessary!
• Desire to learn the rules and regulations of various sports
• Attend required training sessions and demonstrate proficiency of rules
• Ensure a safe environment for intramural participants
• Provide a friendly, upbeat and customer service oriented environment at all times
• Officiate Intramural contests
• Assist with setting up and breaking down of equipment
• Follow Recreational Sports rules and guidelines, including equipment use and dress code
• Flexible! Intramural games are typically played Monday – Friday 5:00 – 11:30 pm and Sunday 12:00 – 11:30 pm. Shifts are generally three (3) hours. Officials are expected to work at least one (1) shift per week. Schedule is created each week based on submitted availability.