Membership Services Assistant
Job #: 900012
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Rec Sports
Resume Required? No
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
Membership Services Assistants monitor patrons entering and exiting the facilities including, but not limited to, verifying patron identification and membership upon entering the facilities, conducting Fusion transactions, cleaning fitness equipment, and program registration. The position serves as an information agent of Rec Sports, promoting Rec Sports programming, services and facilities. Membership Services Assistants assist patrons with locker services, along with check in/out of informal recreation equipment.
Job Requirements & Expectations
- Oversee all Fitness, Cardio, and Multi-Purpose spaces throughout Rec Sports facilities
- Expected to greet patrons and assist them in navigating policies and operating equipment in these areas
- Ensure patron safety by supervising fitness areas and performing basic preventive maintenance and regular cleaning and disinfectant duties.
Preferred requirements include:
- Effective communication skills
- Prior experience with sales or customer service
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Basic experience and knowledge of fitness equipment
- 2-4 hour shifts
- Preferred candidates available to work a minimum of 6 to 9 hours per week
- Shifts start as early as 5:30AM and go as late as 12 Midnight.
- Potential weekend hour requirements
- Break hours also available
- Flexible scheduling to the availability of the employee
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on Aug. 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.