Job #: 900012
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Rec Sports
Resume Required? No
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
The Fitness Attendant will provide proactive customer service on the fitness floors (cardio, strength, and functional areas). They are responsible for creating a safe and welcoming environment. Duties include providing equipment orientations, assisting patrons with spotting, educating patrons on facility policies, keeping equipment and areas clean, and serving as a first responder in any emergency situation. We are committed to enhance the quality of life at Michigan through engagement in recreation. We will foster an appreciation for healthy lifestyle and promote lifelong learning. This position reports to the Coordinator of Fitness & Wellness.
Job Requirements & Expectations
• Demonstrate effective communication interpersonal skills
• Experience and knowledge of various fitness equipment
• Adult & Child CPR/AED and First Aid certified through American Red Cross or equivalent (AHA) (Completed by start date)
• Must be able to lift and carry 45lbs for short distances
• Ability to work independently
• Provide a high level of customer service through: interacting with patrons, assisting with spotting, educating participants on how to use equipment, and answering questions
• Enforce all department policies and procedures
• Conduct equipment orientations
• Ensure the fitness area remain clean and organized; organize dumbbells, weight plates, and bars as need. Disinfect and clean equipment.
• Serve as a first responder in emergency situations and follow emergency protocols set by the Department of Recreational Sports
• Communicate regularly with the Building Supervisor
• Attend all scheduled staff meetings, in-service training's, and one-on-one meetings with supervisors
• Communicate all issues to the Coordinator and other appropriate individuals
• Responsible for all other duties assigned by supervisor
• 2-4 hour long shifts starting as early as 5:30am and going as late at 12am. Weekend hours are also available.