Retail Dining Student Manager
Job #: 800148
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Michigan Dining
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
Do you have previous experience in retail or food service as an assistant manager or higher? Looking for a job that will make your resume stand out? One with lots of professional development and leadership opportunities?
Then join the award-winning Michigan Dining team as a retail Student Manager. As our highest student retail position, being a Student Manager provides valuable real world management experience supervising a team, building schedules, displaying products, overseeing store financials, and managing day to day store operations. Additionally, you will develop strong interpersonal communication skills, and other transferable soft skills to prepare you for any future career. Did we mention that you start at $11hr?
So don’t wait, join Michigan Dining!
Retail Student Managers earn a paycheck and:
● Develop important professional skills including customer service, problem solving, team dynamics, dependability, and time management
● Knowledge of business operations and empowered decision-making
● Valuable work experience for your resume
● A free meal for every 3-hour shift
● ServSafe and AllerTrain Certification
● Enrollment in our Employee Recognition Programs
● Opportunities to be a part of focus groups on Diversity and Inclusion, Sustainability, Wellness, Student Staff Development, and more
● Work a flexible schedule built around your classes at any of our convenient on-campus locations
● Academic Term(s): Fall/Winter
● Hours per Week: 10 – 29