Job #: 800137
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Michigan Dining
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
Michigan Catering delivers fresh and delicious food, creative menu ideas, beautiful presentations, and excellent customer service—whether for a continental breakfast for 15 guests, a wedding reception for 400 guests, a reception for up to 3000 guests—or anything in between.
As a server in Michigan Catering, you will play an intricate role in the guest experience from event set-up, serving the guests, and event breakdown after everyone leaves. Servers need to be able to work closely with other student employees, and must be able to interact with guests, solve problems, work as a team, and manage time efficiently – all with a positive attitude!
Schedules are flexible based on events; however you must be available to work on weekends.
Catering Wait Staff Workers earn a paycheck and more:
- Starting wage range is $12/hour
- Free meal when you work a 3-hour shift
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Schedules that work around your classes
- Opportunities to be a part of focus groups concerning Diversity and Inclusion, Sustainability, Wellness, Student Staff Development, and more
- Opportunities to advance to leadership positions such as Student Coordinator and Student Manager
- Convenient on-campus locations
- Valuable work experience to add to your resume
- And you’ll learn important job skills including interpersonal communications, team dynamics, dependability and time management
No previous experience required.
Hours per Week: Up to 29 hours/week with flexible scheduling
**Special instructions: Please list your location preference within your application:
- Michigan Union - Central Campus - **interviews will begin in November and training begins December 16th**
- Michigan League Catering - Central Campus
- Off-premise: homebase is Pierpont Commons; required traveling to client locations