Dining Service Worker
Job #: 800089
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Michigan Dining
Resume Required? No
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
**NOW ACCEPTING APPLICANTS FOR FALL 2021**
Looking for a job that offers a flexible schedule, a fun and welcoming environment, opportunities for advancement into leadership positions, and a place to be around great people and even better food?
Join the award-winning Michigan Dining team as a Dining Service Worker in one of our seven dining halls across campus. Michigan Dining strives to be the leader and best in culinary excellence and as a Dining Service Worker you will play a critical role in the customer experience. From greeting guests, to assisting in the preparation and plating of food, to maintaining the presentation of the dining halls, we have variety roles and will find the right one for you!
Dining Service Workers earn a paycheck and more:
- Free meal when you work a 3-hour shift
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Schedules that work around your classes
- Opportunities to be a part of focus groups concerning Diversity and Inclusion, Sustainability, Wellness, Student Staff Development, and more
- Opportunities to advance to leadership positions such as Student Coordinator and Student Manager
- Convenient on-campus locations
- Valuable work experience to add to your resume
- And you’ll learn important job skills including interpersonal communications, team dynamics, dependability and time management
- No previous experience required
- Academic Term(s): Fall/Winter
- Hours per Week: 10 – 29
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on Aug. 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.