Graduate Program Assistant
Job #: 700025
Location: West Quad
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Non-Work-Study Position
The Housing Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (HSCR) team is made up of professional and student staff whose aim is to promote restorative justice around campus.
Restorative justice is a response to a violation that focuses on restoring the harms caused to those who are impacted by an incident, holding respondents accountable for the harm they have caused, and building peace within communities. One way HSCR works to hold students accountable for our Community Living Standards is through our Community Circle Program.
A Community Circle is a group meeting involving the following parties:
• Respondents: Students who have violated the Community Living at Michigan (CLAM) Policy
• Impacted Parties: Resident advisors, Hall Directors, roommates, hall mates, Housing Security Officers, facilities staff
• Other Affected Parties: Representatives from HSCR
• All parties work together to come up with a resolution that will repair the harm done to the community. The dialogue is structured by student facilitators.
The Graduate Program Assistant is responsible for scheduling and holding intake meetings with respondents. At the conclusion of the intake meeting, the Graduate Program Assistant will find respondents responsible or not responsible for violating the CLAM. If found responsible, the Graduate will either refer the student to the Community Circle program the Graduate Program Assistant will be responsible for assigning an individual restorative measure(s) for the student to complete.
• Process cases in an online Advocate database system and perform case management duties, including filing Clery reports, assigning housing violations, scheduling in-take meetings, entering case decisions, assigning restorative measures and closing out cases.
• Conduct Community Circle in-take meetings with residential students
• Facilitate restorative justice circles
• Attend biweekly check in meetings with HSCR Assistant Director and Circle Program Assistant
• Assist with research and assessment initiatives in the HSCR office
• Assist with training and programs with Residence Education professional staff and OSCR (Office of Student Conflict Resolution) staff as needed.