Job #: 700023
Location: West Quad
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
In alignment with the mission of University Housing, the overall purpose of Diversity and Inclusion is to assist in the development of a community that is socially just and inclusive of students across all social identities. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s core work is to support student and staff development in the areas of intercultural competence and social justice awareness.
To this end, Diversity and Inclusion has established a twenty hour per week graduate-level intern position that will focus on assisting to manage student staff including the Multicultural Lounge Community Assistant (MLCA) program, Diversity Peer Educator (DPE) program, and the Connector Community Assistants (CCA) program. In addition, the Graduate Intern will be involved in programming efforts of the department as well as campus-wide initiatives related to diversity, equity, and inclusion where Housing is actively involved.
Diversity and Inclusion Student Staff – 40%
- Assist with management, advising, and training of Multicultural Lounge Community Assistants, the Connector Community Assistants, and the Diversity Peer Educators.
- Assist with management, advising, and training of the Multicultural Councils.
- Attend student staff meetings of the Multicultural Lounge Community Assistants, the Connector Community Assistants, and the Diversity Peer Educators.
Administration and Assessment – 20%
- Work with Associate Director to assess the effectiveness of Diversity and Inclusion programs and social justice interventions in residential communities.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring student staff.
- Assist with various projects and initiatives of the department. This includes tasks such as research, writing proposals, facilitating workshops, and creating training modules.
Social Justice Education and Programming – 40%
- Collaborate closely with student staff on creating, implementing, and evaluating ongoing educational programs.
- Work with student staff on developing training sessions, workshops, and programs for ResEd student staff and/or residents that address campus climate issues, diversity, equity, and/or inclusion.
- Provide support for multicultural initiatives and programs in the Multicultural Lounges and the Connector.
- Develop programs to create an inclusive community in the Residence Halls.
Other duties as assigned in collaboration with University Housing.
- Enrolled as a graduate student for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Experience with social justice and multicultural education programming in a higher education setting.
- Must have flexible work schedule; evening and weekends required.
The position is an approximately a 20 hour a week commitment; evening and weekends required. Compensation is $14/hour. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Any questions regarding the position can be send to Nicola Saliendra (firstname.lastname@example.org).