Job #: 610064
Location: University Health Service (UHS)
Rate: $11-$14, based on experience
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
This position offers students the unique opportunity for experience in an infection prevention program, as well as exposure to accreditation and regulatory requirements for ambulatory care facilities by providing diverse administrative support to the UHS Infection Prevention Staff and Program.
Students in the graduate or undergraduate SPH, Health Professions, and those who plan to obtain a Certificate in Healthcare Infection Prevention & Control (CHIP) and/or contact tracing are preferred and encouraged to apply.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Data entry
• Surveillance and quality improvement
• Research and review of accreditation information and standards
• Filing, faxing, and photocopying
• Other miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned
Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, e-mail systems, and experience in performing general office tasks and operating general office machines (copier, printer, fax, etc.) is necessary.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Detail oriented and possess exceptional customer service, problem-solving, and multitasking skills.
• This position requires the employee to comply with all confidentiality requirements.
• Candidates should be flexible and demonstrate ability to work as part of a diverse team; applicant must be mature, reliable, motivated, and eager to learn.
• The ideal candidate would have interest in infection prevention, surveillance and disease transmission.
• Must be able to provide accurate quality support service, along with exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Interaction with healthcare providers and other staff or patients may be required.
Student must have a work-study award and the ability to work up to 15 hours per week within the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Work schedule and hours will be determined based on student's schedule and needs of the department.