Program Staff II
Job #: 600061
Location: Pierpont Commons
Department: University Unions
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
University Unions is an organizational unit within Student Life, which offers services, programs, spaces, and student involvement opportunities within the Michigan League, Michigan Union, and Pierpont Commons. This position of Student Building Manager is on north campus at the Pierpont Commons Student Union. Required duties will include all facility operations and safety, event contact and set-up, AV set-up (projectors, audio, video and laptops), and student/vendor/guest interaction. Student Building Managers work as the facility liaison with the Pierpont Commons Manager to ensure safety and facility upkeep is passed along to maintenance, as well as prepare event spaces for use by contracted clients.
- Completing all daily event setups, technical requirements, furniture, and equipment
- Assisting with daily event management to include unlocking meeting rooms, instructing proper equipment use, and maintaining awareness of daily event schedules
- Inspecting all equipment for proper function before setting up a meeting room and communicating any damage to the Pierpont Commons Manager
- Maintaining orderly appearance in all storage areas
- Resetting spaces after events/meetings
- Ensuring the safety and security of facility, furnishings, equipment, guests and employees
- Relaying outstanding/pending items to replacement shift prior to being relieved
- Attending required student employee staff development meetings/programs/trainings
Student Building Managers should always provide prompt and courteous customer service to guests and clients.
This position will teach advanced customer service skills and expand technical knowledge of the candidate. Team members work within a dynamic group to develop technical troubleshooting skills and real-world customer service skills.
Student building managers also operate the Mcard station at Pierpont Commons.
A COVID-19 vaccination and booster shot (when eligible) is now required for all staff under a revised U-M vaccination policy. The deadline for Ann Arbor campus community members to receive the booster shot is February 4, or as soon as they are eligible thereafter, based on their individual vaccination schedule. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.