Job #: 600057
Location: Michigan League
Department: University Unions
Resume Required? No
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
University Unions is an organizational unit within Student Life, which offers services, programs, spaces, and student involvement opportunities within the Michigan League, Michigan Union, and Pierpont Commons. Student Setups work as a team to prepare event spaces for use by contracted clients and are responsible for:
- Completing all daily event setups, technical requirements, furniture, equipment, etc.
- Assisting with daily event management to include unlocking meeting rooms, instructing proper equipment use, and maintaining awareness of daily event schedules.
- Inspecting all equipment for proper functioning before setting up in a meeting room and communicating any damage to the AV Tech or Manager of Operations.
- Maintaining orderly appearance in all storage areas.
- Resetting spaces after events/meetings.
- Ensuring the safety and security of facility, furnishings, equipment, guests and employees.
- Relaying outstanding/pending items to replacement shift prior to being relieved.
- Attending required student employee staff development meetings/programs/trainings.
Student setups should always provide prompt and courteous customer service to guests and clients. Setups are required to wear protective safety equipment, including (at a minimum) closed-toed shoes and belted pants.