Job #: 600045
Location: The Inn at the Michigan League
Department: University Unions
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
The front desk Student Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all of our hotel guests.
Daily duties include:
* Guest check-ins and check-outs
* Assisting guests with reservations
* Answering phone calls and emails
* Providing directions and information about campus and the Ann Arbor area
* Communicating with building staff (custodial, maintenance, and event set-up) and front desk colleagues
Additional leadership responsibilities include:
* New staff training
* Staff scheduling
* Supplies inventory
* Hotel group coordination
* Special projects (related to student’s area of interest)
The applicant should be professional and detail-oriented, have great communication skills, and can effectively problem-solve under pressure. The applicant should also be proficient in Google applications and Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate has experience in both customer service and cash handling. The ideal candidate should also have flexible work hours during Fall or Spring semester and be able to work a minimum of two shifts per week including some overnight shifts and weekends. Summer employment is required for this position.