Student Services Assistant I
Job #: 600033
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Housing Security
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
Student Facilitators for the Empowerment Self Defense Program
- Have a passion for safety and security and sexual assault prevention advocacy
- Assist with teaching workshops focusing on empowerment, personal safety education and self-defense
- Under the supervision of the DPSS Empowerment Self Defense Program Coordinator, collaborate with campus partners including the Dean of Students Office, SAPAC, CSG, Office of Greek Life, and Beyond the Diag
- Create and distribute marketing and outreach materials
- Cultivate relationships with student communities and organizations
- Experience with group facilitation desired
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Flexibility in work schedule, must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information but also be a Mandatory Reporter/CSA under University and DPSS policies.
Educational value of this position:
Student Facilitators will have the opportunity to develop leadership, interpersonal, and professional managerial and written communication skills throughout the school year. They will also gain a greater understanding of the formation and sustainability of self-defense programs and personal safety education.
Student Facilitators are expected to have first-hand experience and knowledge of student safety issues from a University-wide perspective. Students should have prior leadership experience, program development, and strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills to be effective in this position. Students should be able to effectively manage time, maintain confidentiality, and be able to work with a diverse group of students, staff, faculty, and community members. A high attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and level of accountability is also expected. Basic understanding of safety and security resources in the community is required.
Hours per week: 8
Available: Winter only