Motor Vehicle Operator (MVO)
Job #: 600011
Location: Michigan Union
Department: Center for Campus Involvement
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Work-Study Only Position
Using a university vehicle for transportation, work with a team of 4-6 other student drivers to distribute advertising items for student organizations and UM departments. Work includes; placement of signs on campus buses; stapling of Diag board advertisements; hanging of banners. In addition to placing these advertising media, MVOs are also responsible for delivering balloons and sometimes helium tanks. Work also includes basic maintenance of van and equipment. This is a joint position with Clerk C, totaling 10-12 hours a week.
- We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2021 employment
- Applicants must have a good driving record and valid driver license
- Availability on weekends between 10AM-2PM Sundays, Monday evenings, plus at least one weekday balloon delivery shift (flexible based on your class schedule)
- Thoroughness; willingness to cooperate on unexpected tasks; flexibility and problem solving skills; occasional availability for unusual delivery hours; availability regardless of inclement weather
- Preference given to sophomores due to extensive training required for Clerk C appointment
- This is a dual appointment with Clerk C
- Hours per Week: 4-6
- Academic Term: Fall/Winter
- COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on Aug. 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.