Job #: 600010
Location: Michigan Union
Department: Center for Campus Involvement
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Work-Study Only Position
Desk attendant at the Student Organization Resource Center (SORC). Consult with customers and complete advertising sales contracts; monitor office equipment, cash register, and helium tank; extensive phone and face-to-face communication; bi-weekly staff meetings are mandatory. Office is open 10AM-10PM M-Th, 10AM-6PM Fri, and 4PM-10PM Su.
This position is the foundation of the services that the SORC provides. It fosters invaluable customer service and problem solving skills that you will use in almost every job in the future.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2016 employment
- You must be able to start working (training) in late August or early September
- Excellent customer services skills are a must
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills are also very important; desire to enthusiastically satisfy customers
- PC and internet familiarity; previous clerical and cash register experience is helpful
- Ability to work efficiently and with motivation from within; resourcefulness in finding answers to unusual customer questions
- Minimum commitment of 18 months (sophomores and freshmen preferred) due to extensive training
- Hours per Week: 8-12
- Academic Term: Fall/Winter