Job #: 500563
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Conference Services
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Non-Work-Study Position
The U-M Conference & Event Services office is hiring staff to work this summer for the NTI 2017 Conference. Conference & Event Services offers its services to all University faculty and staff members who are organizing programs in their field of interest or hosting professional associations. Conference & Event Services also works with non-University educational groups and professional organizations seeking to provide college-level programs for their clients and members.
Summer employment for the NTI 2017 Conference runs from approximately July 26, 2017 to August 4, 2017. Student staff members are paid bi-weekly according to University Housing pay rates which range from $9 - $11.00 based on experience and expectations of assigned position. Hours may be available for up to a full 40 hours per week, or may be available on a more limited basis. We will work around your class schedule. Please feel free to inquire.
• Friendly, responsible, personable, service-oriented attitude
• Previous customer service experience preferred – not required
• Available for shifts during the two weeks, July 26 - August 4, 2017
• Punctual, reliable, and self-motivated
• Able to problem-solve in a patient and calm manner
• Detail oriented
• Proficient and Effective Oral and Interpersonal Communication
• Knowledge of U-M campus and Ann Arbor points of interest
• Willing to work as part of a team
• Valid US Driver’s License – Van Drivers
Job Responsibilities (Duties include, but are not limited to):
• Attending staff training and meetings, as required
o First mandatory training will be held on July 21, 2017
• Assisting conference staff with a variety of tasks
• Becoming familiar with all campus and Ann Arbor resource materials
• Providing direction and assistance to conference participants
• Event management assistance
• Serving as a conference information referral service
• Provide basic cleanup and break duties to start or conclude shift
• Transport select staff and VIPs to events and classes – Van Drivers
• Communicate with attendees on buses and assist with bus stops and locations
• There are several different job categories such as driver, classroom support, bus coordinator, etc.
*Interviewing for this position will not begin until May 1st.
**Hours range from 15-40 per week