Job #: 300154
Location: West Quad
Rate: $13.00-$15.00, based on experience
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Either, Work-Study or Non-Work-Study Available
Student Leadership, University Housing
Graduate Intern Job Description 2019-2020
In alignment with the mission of University Housing, the overall purpose of Student Leadership is to support and develop inclusive leaders who will cultivate a sense of community in the residence halls. To this end, University Housing has established a graduate-level intern position in the area of Student Leadership.
The Graduate Intern will serve twenty hours per week with a focus on assisting in the advising and development of student leaders including: Residence Hall Association (RHA) members, Kids Programs (K-Grams) members, Housing Advisory Board members, and ResStaff Coordinators (RCs). In addition, the Graduate Intern will be involved in education and training efforts of the department as well as focusing on Housing’s role in the intersection of Student Leadership and campus-wide initiatives related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Student Leadership and Initiatives – 50%
● Assist with management, advising, and training of Residence Hall Association (RHA) members, K-Grams members, Housing Advisory Board members, and ResStaff Coordinators (RCs).
● Assist with management, advising, and training of the K-grams general body, RHA Assembly, and Hall Councils.
● Attend student group meetings of the RHA Assembly and K-grams meetings.
Administration and Assessment – 20%
● Work with Assistant Director to assess the effectiveness of Student Leadership development and trainings.
● Assist with recruiting and hiring student staff.
● Assist with various projects and initiatives of the department. This includes tasks such as assessment, research, writing proposals, facilitating workshops, and creating training modules.
Student Leadership Education and Training– 30%
● Collaborate closely with student leaders and student staff on creating, implementing, and evaluating ongoing large scale programs.
● Work with Assistant Director on developing training sessions, workshops, and programs for ResEd student staff and Student Leaders within the residence hall.
● Provide support for Housing initiatives and programs in the residence hall.
● Develop leadership opportunities to create an inclusive community among student leaders within Residence Education and University Housing.
Other duties as assigned in collaboration with University Housing.
● Enrolled as a graduate student for the 2018-2019 academic year.
● Experience with diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, educational programming, student leadership development and advising in a higher education setting.
● Must have flexible work schedule; evening and weekends required.
● Supervision received by the Assistant Director for Student Leadership for Residence Education.
The position is an approximately 20 hour a week commitment; evening and weekends required.
Compensation is $13-$15/hour, depending on experience.