Graduate Program Assistant
Job #: 300140
Location: The Connector
Resume Required? Yes
Work-Study? Non-Work-Study Position
Diversity and Inclusion Graduate Intern
Department: Diversity and Inclusion, University Housing
In alignment with the mission of University Housing, the overall purpose of Diversity and Inclusion is to assist in the development of a community that is socially just and inclusive of students across all social identities. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s core work is to support student and staff development in the areas of intercultural competence and social justice awareness.
Diversity and Inclusion in coordination with the Student Life Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Strategic Plan has established a twenty hour per week graduate-level intern position that will strengthen programming and trainings around DEI topics, advocacy work, and provide student support. This position will specifically focus on moving the Student Life DEI Strategic Plan forward by developing and implementing assessment for Housing’s DEI offerings to strengthen the residential experience. This will include assessing the office’s Bias Protocol Training, ALA 421 efforts, and helping to coordinate efforts with the You Belong Here Campaign. In addition, the Graduate Intern will be involved in programming efforts of the department as well as campus-wide initiatives related to diversity, equity, and inclusion where Housing is actively involved.
Assessment of Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives – 75%
• Work with Associate Director to assess the effectiveness of Diversity and Inclusion programs and social justice interventions in residential communities.
• Coordinate Diversity and Inclusion Bias Protocol Training assessment including data management, data collection, analysis, reporting, and presentations
• Work with ALA 421 coordinating team to assess ResStaff learning within the context of our Student Learning Outcomes
o Strengthen the connection between what ResStaff are learning and how to create a better residential experience for residents.
• Collect, compile, and analyze both qualitative and quantitative data
• Conduct student and professional staff focus groups as needed
• Assist in the planning and review of potential and current assessment projects to strengthen residential communities
• Strengthen offerings for the You Belong Here Campaign via student support, education, and advocacy work.
Administration - 25%
• Assist with various projects of the department. This includes tasks such as research, writing proposals, facilitating workshops, and creating training modules.
Other duties as assigned in collaboration with University Housing.
• Enrolled as a graduate student for the 2018-2019 academic year.
• Experience with social justice and multicultural education programming in a higher education setting.
• Experience working in assessment, evaluation, and/or data monitoring.
• Must have flexible work schedule; evening and weekends required.
Supervision received by the University of Housing Associate Director, Diversity and Inclusion.
The position is an approximately 20 hour a week commitment; evening and weekends required.